Friday, June 14, 2013

Andrew Logan

I woke up the next day with my phone going crazy. It was not the alarm. It was my BFF Hazina calling.


"Hello," I mumbled barely awake.


"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Hazina yelled on the other side of the phone. "I've been calling you all night. You went out with a complete stranger!” She had a slight accent when she was upset.


“Calm down,” I said to her. “I’m fine.”


“Is that so? You didn’t get r...”


“No, Hazina. I’m really fine. I actually had fun...”


“Tell me everything! Don’t leave out a single detail! Who was the man on the motorcycle?”


“That’s the mystery. I don’t know! All I know, he’s a really good kisser.” I rolled on my back on the bed.


“Let me get this straight: You ran off with a total stranger in the middle of the night, you let him stole your first kiss, and you don’t even know his name?”


“Yep,”


“Do you know how crazy that sounds, Amelia?”


I was bout to explain my BFF everything about my night but my mum busted in my room.


“Wake up Amelia!” She ordered me while pushing away the curtains to let the light in.


“I’ll call you right back.” I told Hazina before I hanged up. “Why?” I asked my mother. “It’s eight o’clock in the morning!”


It was useless to ask her to knock. Apparently I was living under my parents’ roof and they had the right to dash into any rooms they wanted--- including mine.


“Have you forgotten?” She frowned. “Today is the day you meet your fiancĂ©.”


“Arrrgh! I know but why this early? Is he already here?”


“Yes. He wants to have breakfast with us.” My mother nodded.


“Perfect.” I said throwing my blankets away.


I jumped on my naked feet. I stood in front of my giant mirror. Medusa’s hair--the brown version, checked. Face with makeup half gone--including melting mascara, checked. Sexy dress from last night apparently from a drinking party completely wrecked by the bed, checked. Nails although done insignificant to the mess I was, checked. And barefoot, checked.


I was officially ready to meet my future husband.


“You are not going out like this, are you?” My mother scolded me as opened the door.


“Why not? He’s my future husband, isn’t he? He will see me before i put makeup on. He might as well get used to it right now,” I rushed through the doors.


“Don’t you dare, Amelia?” My mother ran after me. “Don’t you dare destroy our reputation like that and in ours I mean yours in it too!”


I pretended I didn’t hear what my mother said and ran to the dining room.


I was completely out of breath when I got to the dining room. My mom had run after me through all the six large rooms that lead to my dear husband to be. I saw a back of a man wearing a black suit. His hair was well combed and appearance neat. Good, I thought. He was a snob like my parents. He would hate me at first sight and my plans would be successful.


I purposely grabbed my chair making a lot of noise and sat next to the man. What I saw shocked me.

Andrew :)

I was embarrassed. The man was max twenty years old. And he was quite handsome. He stared at me with his deep blue eyes.


“Hi,” He said smiling.


He didn’t seem to mind my appearance.


“Hi,” I had the courage to mumble.


“I’m Andrew Logan. I assume you are Amelia Jenkins.” He offered me his hand.


I ignored him. He put his hand down nervously. I felt bad. But I was not about to let my plans down just because the guy was handsome. I wanted for love to find me not chosen by my parents! My mother came later on. We sat in silence and ate breakfast. It was the coldest meal I ever had without my dad there. I had a hard time swallowing my food. With Andrew’s eyes on me. After we were done eating, my mother apologized to Andrew.


“Now Amelia will you put on some decent clothes and give Andrew a tour of the mansion?” My mother gave the “I want to kill you” look.


“Fine,” I agreed.


I went to my room. I took my time taking a nice long shower and putting my jeans on--clothes my father would have disapproved. When I was done, it was still ten o’clock. I called Hazina to finish our chat. I explained to her everything that happened until this morning.


“So you have three candidates,” She said after listening to me. “Mr. Brad Pitt green eyes, Mr. Mysterious, and now Andrew!”


“What do you mean by candidates? I’m not interested in Andrew. He doesn’t seem like a bad guy. But my parents through him at me! There has to be something wrong with him--”


“Like what?”


“Like everything-- Seriously. I don’t like Mr. Green Eyes. He’s hot and all but he’s Mr. Mysterious’ enemy.”


“I’m so jealous of you right now, Amelia!” Hazina laughed. “I mean in one night you have all of this---”


“I hear someone at the door. It’s probably my mom. Talk to you later.” I hanged up and went to my mirror pretending that I was still getting ready.


“I warned you, Amelia.” My mother slowly walked toward me. “How did you feel?” She stood behind me smiling mischievously in the mirror.


“Terrific.” I mumbled. “So what I was wrong about the age? I still don’t agree to all of this!” I blushed.



“Amelia, darling. I know your little game now. You’re trying to get rid of Andrew before your dad comes back.” She took my brush hair and started to brush my hair.


“Very clever mum. But you can’t stop me. I have my own saying over my destiny.” I announced with confidence.


“Yes, you’re right. But there are certain things that we can’t change. I will try to stop you-- at least your craziest ideas. But I want you to know that I want the best for you!” She kissed on my forehead.


“You didn’t only come here for your “I-told-you-so” speech. Where is Mr. Logan?” I asked.


“I showed him his room. The boy flew all the way from Australia. You should go easy on him. He looks tired.”


“So am I.” I smiled.


“You still have to give him a tour of the mansion. I love you.” My mom walked out of the room. 


I waited until her steps disappeared to sneak out. It was easy to find out where the new guest in the house was. I had a lot in mind and he had to know. His suite was unlock. I entered his room and he was not there. ‘Where could he have gone to?’ I wondered. I went through his closet and drawers--nothing. He didn’t unpack yet.


I walked in the bathroom to see if he had taken a shower. There was fresh water all over. I turned to leave but there was a guy in front of me. Andrew Logan. With all his naked muscled torso. My eyes lowered down in shock. Good thing he still had his towel on.


“Hey,” He casually greeted me. 


My mouth was dropped on the floor. I was speechless. How could he be so calm! He was half naked for crying out loud!


“Do you need something?” He asked. “If it’s not too urgent, you can tell me while giving me the tour your mom-- I mean Mrs. Jenkins talked about. I’m kinda in the middle of taking a shower here.” He politely smiled.


“Are kidding me?” I heard myself say. “Are a ghost? I went to your room you weren’t there and now you appear out of nowhere...” I started to panic.


“Oh, while I was in the shower I noticed that I forgot my towel. So I went to my room to pick it up. When I came back, here you were...” He laughed.


I wanted to punch him and kiss him... I was being irrational... Mr. Mysterious guy.... Mysterious... Those biceps are just like supermodels on TV how did Andrew get those? I shook my head.


“You have to leave...” Andrew woke me from my thoughts. “You can wait in the living room if you want... Or outside the bathroom...”



“No, no, no,” I quickly refused. “I’ll be back in one hour. I hope you will have clothes on... Bye” I ran outside all the way to my room.


“Okay, what just happened?” I asked myself.


I brought up Mr. Mysterious image from last night in my head but it was not enough. He didn’t leave me images more convincing than supermodel six packs... I breathed in and out. There had to be a solution... I had to be in contact with Mr. Mysterious again... But it was impossible. He disappeared without leaving a clue behind...


It was at that moment I remembered the phone number he had left behind. I picked up my cell and dialed his number. I waited till he answered.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm doing my best to write the next chap. :)

      Delete
  2. hurry and write the next one i cant wait i need to go get this book!

    ReplyDelete